DJ: Fierce Fantasy
Fierce Fantasy DJs are based in Manchester. Chanelle has been working in the entertainment industry for 24 years. Working abroad as well as here Fierce Fantasy DJs was started at the beginning of 2017 with Chanelle’s wife Leona, and has gone from strength to strength. They have done gigs now in Manchester, Liverpool, Dudley and Covent garden London and these events have included Christmas parties, birthdays, weddings and engagement parties.
Preferred pronoun: She/Her
1. What is your artist name?
FIERCE FANTASY DJS comprising of two married women, Leona and Chanelle.
2. How would you describe what you do?
We want to give people a trip through visuals and music making them forget their problems for a while.
3. How long have you being performing?
We have been doing this for 2 and a half years.
4. What has been the highlight of your career to date?
Our highlight so far was playing Covent Garden in London.
5. Have you worked/performed for/with anyone famous? If you could perform/work with anyone, who would it be?
We have yet to work with someone famous but would love to work with Lady Gaga.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Our guilty pleasure is having a lazy Sunday in our pjs with no make up on.
7. Tell us one secret about yourself.
We dont have any secrets; what you see is what you get.
8. How and why did you get into this profession?
Chanelle used to work in showbusiness both here and abroad; doing shows, podium dancing and DJing, so we decided to set up our own DJ brand together.
9. When you’re not working what do you like to do to chill out?
When we aren’t working we love to go for walks, watch TV or pamper ourselves with a face pack and a pedicure.
10. Which other LBQ performers do you recommend?
We love Sharon Needles as she us still relevant all those years after winning drag race. Plus she writes all her own stuff.
11. What is the best thing about being part of the LBQ community?
We love the gay community and there are hang ups and you can be yourself.
12. How do you think your event fits in with Planet Nation’s community values (Community, Authenticity, Love, Connection)?
It doesn’t matter who you are as long as you’ve got the right attitude.