Bex is an unsigned alternative/contemporary/acoustic solo artist. As a singer/songwriter/guitarist she co-produces her tracks. Bex is a self-taught guitarist with over 40 original songs. She’s now being featured on internet radio stations, and fm radio stations outside the UK.
Preferred pronoun: She, her.
1. What is your artist name?
2. How long have you being performing/working?
I started songwriting and learning how to play the guitar in 2002, then within 6 months I was performing at open mic nights.
3. What has been the highlight of your career to date?
Definitely my first full gig. It was in Egypt on a boat, on the River Nile! I was asked by the hotel manager if I would entertain some English holiday makers. I nervously said yes and performed my original songs and a few covers in front of 25 people for an hour and 30 minutes, where I received many great compliments from my audience and even got asked for my autograph the next morning! 🙂
4. Have you worked/performed for/with anyone famous?
No… Not yet! 😉
5. If you could perform/work with any other lesbian or bisexual musician, who would it be?
6. What type of gigs do you like to do, and how important is it to engage with your fans at gigs?
Unfortunately I’m not well enough to gig nowadays because of a couple of conditions called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, so I’m now a recording artist, and try to keep active online and in radio chat rooms that feature my music. Connecting with fans is very important to me!
7. Tell us one secret about yourself.
Hmmm, ok… I don’t have a “coming out story” as I didn’t know it was normal to hide in a closet. I was so excited about the thought of seeking women for love that I told everyone before I made my first move. I was very lucky to be accepted by everyone.
8. How and why did you get into this profession?
It was just a hobby, then after recording my music and uploading it a radio DJ got in touch about featuring me and it took off from there.
9. When you’re not working what do you like to do to chill out?
I love being amongst animals and nature, hanging out with friends to have a laugh or do some jammin with’, or you might find me drumming or meditating.
10. Who are three other lesbian/bisexual musicians that you recommend?
Charlie Leavy, Lucy Spraggan and LP.
11. What is the best thing about being part of the LBQ community?
Being free to be who we are, We’re especially lucky here in the UK!